Are you interested in building on the principles of bookkeeping and accounting and be able to carry out a practical range of bookkeeping and management accounting procedures using the most popular bookkeeping and payroll software packages?
Advanced Diploma in Book-keeping and Payroll Course
The Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll builds student knowledge to a more advanced level of Computerised Bookkeeping and Payroll working with account adjustments and journals and preparing Management Accounts. The course will also give participants a good basis if they wish to advance to professional accountancy courses such as the ACCA. It would be also useful for someone having completed the ACCA to get a practical working knowledge of Sage Software at a more advanced level.
Within the advanced payroll module participants will learn how to calculate holiday pay, redundancy payments, month end and year end procedures to the Revenue and significantly build on a working knowledge of a basic payroll program, by giving them the opportunity to complete more advanced tasks and which will give them the ability to work in a payroll environment unassisted.
Bookkeeping Course Module Overview
On this module participants will learn a wide range of skills including essential computerised book-keeping skills. This comprehensive diploma covers subjects including double-entry book-keeping, using the Journal to correct errors, as well as to record year-end adjustments prior to preparing the final accounts of a business, using Sage 50 Accounts.
The aim of this module is to equip participants with the knowledge, skill and competence necessary to carry out every day operational accounts activities using a commercial computerised accounts solution. Participants will be introduced to Sage 50, one of the leading accounts software applications used in business today.
The module will enable participants to carry out a range of accounting procedures; areas covered include the setup and data preparation requirements, processing adjustments, entering and extracting accounts information for all ledgers and journals, calculating ratios, completing budgets/forecasts and produce varies financial reports for management purposes.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Set up master data from a Trial Balance on a computerised accounts software package and in the preparation of financial statements
- Be able to carry out Enter opening balances for Customers, Suppliers and Nominal Ledgers Be competent in a range of accounting procedures, process adjustments and journals and set up recurring journals and payments
- Understand accruals and prepayments Capitalise a fixed asset Understand Depreciation of a fixed asset Reconcile Bank Accounts and be fully competent in month end procedures and reporting
- Select and print accounting reports for management and decision making purposes
- Manage the software system and understand the importance of backing up and restoring data.
Payroll Course Module Overview
This course will enable participants carry out a range of payroll procedures, manage a payroll system. Interpret the main provision of a range of legislation and regulations relating to work time. Analyse a range of documentation an employee may receive from Revenue and be able to complete all appropriate employer tax return forms. The participant will also be able to process a payroll for employees, calculate overtime, holidays and benefit-in-kind, redundancy payments, holiday pay, statutory and non-statutory deductions.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Manage a payroll system, understand data protection, understand the importance of backing up and managing files
- Calculate mileage and expenses, benefit-in-kind and notional pay
- Understand the benefit of Tax Saves, bike to work schemes and travel pass
- Be able to calculate holiday pay and entitlements for full time and part-time workers
- Understand Depreciation of a fixed asset
- Be able to calculate redundancy payments
- Calculate month end procedures and become familiar with E-Banking
Am I eligible for the IBAT College Dublin Advanced Diploma in Book-keeping and Payroll course?
The Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping (Computerised & Manual ) Acounts & Payroll course is suitable for participants with a current working knowledge of Computerised Accounting and Payroll Systems or for those who have previously completed a basic bookkeeping and payroll course.
How long is the course?
This course is taught on Saturdays from 10am until 4pm for 8 weeks.
To be awarded the Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll participants will be required to successfully complete an in-class exam following the completion of each of the two modules.
What are course fees?
The Advanced Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll course fees is €750.
What do I get for my fee?
- Full set of bound notes
- Access to your online student portal (view student portal site)
- Content Expert Lecturer
- Excellent college learning and information facilities (view college photos)
I would like to apply. What should I do?
Direct application can be made using the Apply Online option below.