Are you interested in developing an understanding of the main principles of bookkeeping and accounting and being able to carry out a broad range of bookkeeping and accounting procedures?
Diploma in Bookkeeping (Manual and Computerised Accounts) and Payroll Course Aims
Computerised Accounts Course
The aims of this course are:
- To develop a keen understanding of the main principles of bookkeeping and accounting
- To understand a broad range of accounting terms
- To be able to carry out a broad range of bookkeeping and accounting procedures
- To be able to produce a computerised trial balance
The aims of these classes are:
- To acquire the important knowledge and skills required to use both manual and computerised payroll systems
- To appreciate the importance of accuracy and security in preparing and maintaining payroll records
- To acquire the knowledge and understanding of how the cumulative, emergency and temporary tax systems operate
Payroll Courses - Princple areas of study
- Computerised Accounts
- The use of computer systems in an accounts environment
- File Management - Hardware and Software
- Computerised Accounts v Manual Accounts
- The security of computer systems including passwords, anti-virus protection software and the Data Protection Act.
For Manual Payroll, this involves studying topics including payroll terms & frequencies, tax credits, standard cut offs and cumulative, emergency and temporary tax systems, cumulative tax deduction/emergency/temporary tax deduction form, calculating gross pay & tax liability, PRSI & income levies and statutory documents: P45, P60, P30 and P35.
For Computerised Payroll, this will involve studying practices including entering company details, setting a payroll period, entering employee details including tax credits, standard cut offs, base codes for PRSI, salary details, processing payroll, editing employee data, printing payroll reports, printing payslips, printing relevant statutory documents e.g. P45, P60, P30 and P35, updating records, saving data and password protection.
Am I eligible for the IBAT College course?
The Diploma in Bookkeeping (Computerised & Manual ) Acounts & Payroll course is suitable for anybody with an interest in learning Computerised Accounting and Payroll Systems.
To be awarded the Diploma in Bookkeeping (Computerised and Manual Accounts) and Payroll participants will be required to successfully complete an in-class exam following the completion of each of the two modules.
"The staff at IBAT college are friendly and very helpful, Isolde Hampson is our lecturer and she is the best, she knows all there is to know about ATI and brings it across in her notes and lectures in class."Bernie Flynn, IBAT - Diploma in Book Keeping and Payroll
What are course fees?
The Diploma in Bookkeeping and Payroll course fees is €750.
What do I get for my fee?
- Full set of bound notes
- Access to your online student portal (view student portal site)
- Content Expert Lecturer
- Excellent college learning and information facilities (view college photos)
I would like to apply. What should I do?
Direct application can be made using the Apply Online option below.