Why you should choose IBAT College Dublin for your International Business Studies part-time evening Degree course:
Recognition - IBAT College Dublin is Ireland's leading industry focused college. Our degree courses are designed to prepare graduates for the new economy providing them with the skills that employers value most. The part-time BA (Hons) in International Business Studies degree is internationally recognised and awarded by University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Learning Environment - IBAT College Dublin provides a customised state-of-art campus to ensure that it is the most conducive environment possible for learning; from our numerous open areas for discussion and group work, to our debating chamber, to our library and Wifi connectivity throughout our building, IBAT strives to provide, for you the student, a learning environment where you can excel and reach your full potential
BA (Hons) in International Business Part-time Evening Degree Course Description
This BA (Hons) in International Business Studies part-time degree course builds a deep understanding of some of the most essential concepts in business and management, with emphasis on providing the learner with the practical skills and understanding that should easily translate into tangible workplace skills. The BA (Hons) in International Business Studies degree course is designed to be relevant to the requirements of the modern global marketplace.
The programme aims to develop learners with an integrated and critical awareness and understanding of key business concepts, and how those concepts support management decisions and organisational success. Learners will acquire skills which will support the enhancement of their business judgement, critical analysis and decision-making skills.
The Degree course offers learners the opportunity to understand key sector specific organisations, practices and technical delivery. These themes will also be supplemented by management based theory and practices which would include marketing, human resource development, strategic understanding and operations, to an element of finance and budget awareness and control. The practical real-world elements provide learners with the opportunity to gain relevant work practice in the sector which should help their employability.
The rise of multinational corporations, joint ventures and foreign direct investment means that today's manager needs to be able to operate in a global and multicultural business environment. This BA (Hons) in International Business Studies programme aims to address the need for graduates who can function in an international business environment, and will prepare them for careers with organisations that do business across national borders. The programme is designed to meet the needs of those learners who prefer to study business organisations in an international context, without the desire to specialise in a functional area or business sector. The programme philosophy is to provide learners with a broad-based understanding of international business organisations, their management and cultures and the global environments in which they operate.
The programme integrates theoretical study and application to real-world case studies in each module’s teaching strategy but also in direct interaction with the College’s external partnerships, including employer’s organisations, professional associations, international partners and spin off entrepreneurial activities. Participants on this International business studies degree course will study a variety of business management modules which will provide the future framework for the continued professional development of the graduate. Students will focus on applied managerial themes which include marketing, HRM and strategic management. This will develop relevant graduate skills which will include the ability to deliver technical and tactical content to a variety of able-performers. Students will also be able to development agreed improvement plans and forecast future sector trends.
BA (Hons) in International Business Degree Course Aims and Objectives:
The general aims of this business degree course are to provide the learner with:
- a systematic understanding and detailed knowledge of global business organisations, concepts relevant to their management, the global and economic environments in which they operate, and issues relevant to innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability.
- the ability to conceptualise, devise, modify and/or apply analytical frameworks appropriate to international business management, in order to devise strategy and exploit current and future opportunities within particular contexts.
In accordance with the IBAT College Dublin’s mission, the programme aims to develop the learner’s ability to understand concepts, apply academic rigour and appraise critically the issues involved in the study of contemporary business and the management of organisations, and stimulate creativity in the development of workable solutions.
On completion of this programme, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate detailed knowledge and a systematic understanding of the key issues involved in the management of a range of international business functions (including accounting and finance, economics, legal affairs, marketing and human resources), recognise their interrelationships, and their applications to practice within the global business environment.
- Apply a variety of conceptual frameworks and tools to critically analyse complex problems that occur within global business organisations in changing environments, and develop and/or appraise business policies and strategies, including those about sustainability, to meet stakeholder interests.
- Appraise the role of data management, business intelligence and research within an organisation, and how the management and exploitation of information supports impacts functional business areas, strategic decision-making, competitive advantage, and the attainment of international objectives.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial skills, self-motivation and analytical abilities through an investigation of specific business problems, the identification of opportunities and alternative solutions, and the production of strategically-focused business plans and reports.
- Critically evaluate and apply work-relevant concepts associated with the operational and strategic management of organisational resources, including financial, human and physical elements.
|Level 1||Level 2|
Career Prospects for the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies
Graduates of the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies can move into a variety of roles within the International Business sector. Business and management graduates have a broad range of abilities, knowledge and skills which makes them attractive hires for any prospective employer. Successful completion of this programme may lead to employment, in an administrative capacity, in areas such as general business; HR/personnel; management consultancy; public relations; retail management; and marketing. The programme additionally will prepare learners for trainee roles leading to management in business areas.
This programme is accredited by University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Duration of the BA (Hons) in International Business Studies course
4 years, part-time evening course, 2 evenings per week
Entry Requirements and Application Process
- A minimum of two C3s in higher-level subjects and four D3 in ordinary-levels subjects in the Leaving Certificate, including English and maths, are required.
- Mature students (aged 23 and above on the 1st of January on the year of admission) who do not meet the minimum academic entry requirement may also apply and will be assessed on the basis of age, work experience and any other training or development programmes completed.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent is required for non-native English speakers.
Through IBAT College's RPL policy, prospective students may be eligible for advanced entry onto this degree course. Any RPL application should be made directly to the College
What do I get for my fee?
- Access to your online student portal (view student portal site)
- Content Expert Lecturer
- Excellent college learning and information facilities (view college photos)
I would like to apply. What should I do?
Learner Protection for this programme is provided by O'Driscoll O'Neill and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited. The learner protection insurance policy is governed by section 65(4)(b) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012. For further information please refer to 1.1.7 at this link