The BA (Hons) in International Business Studies is perfect for professionals who wish to continue pursuing their career during the day, while gaining globally recognised credentials in international business through part time evening study. A competency-based approach in student learning provides essential fundamentals in international business management.
All modules on the programme relate to the world of work across specialist disciplines and industries. The flexibility of the programme allows you to continue working full time, or obtain work-relevant experience during your studies, giving you an advantage in a growing and competitive global market.
The course will give you a broad and detailed knowledge of international business, through a range of specialist and fundamental business modules.
Innovative learning strategies will be vocationally based to allow you to develop the local and international attributes that employers require.
The wide range of extracurricular activities is subject related, with social experiences including a range of field study trips that will further enhance your study experience.
Benefits of the course
Earn globally recognised credentials
- Obtain the credentials of an International Business degree from University of Wales Trinity Saint David (UWTSD), while still pursuing your career full time.
- Maximise your career potential as you maintain your working career while obtaining an internationally recognised qualification at the same time.
Excellent Lecturing Staff
- Learn from friendly and highly qualified academic staff with industry experience, in small class sizes; and guest lecturers who are experts in their fields.
- Be part of a culturally diverse group of students from +24 countries from around the world, and +17,000 UWTSD students globally. The diverse student nationality mix at IBAT College gives you the opportunity to learn first-hand culturally different working methods, and the fundamentals for a globally connected network once you graduate.
- With the campus located in Dublin city centre in Temple Bar, the central location is close to all major transport hubs making it easy to attend classes in between work and home.
|"70% of of IBAT College graduates surveyed in 2018 are in employment, 60% of which are employed in Ireland and 10% employed overseas."|
Indicative course outline
|Level 1||Level 2|
Your first set of study modules will give you the fundamentals of international business
Your second set of modules will assist you to develop deeper knowledge and the ability to apply a range of critical perspectives across key areas, from digital marketing to international legal frameworks.
The final set of modules will incorporate specialised studies and or electives in a different discipline to expand your career options.
Having staff with international business skills is now an organisational imperative. This UWTSD course is designed to equip you with the skills to critically think about managing international business responsibly, and be ready with skills to build a successful career in Ireland and overseas.
Students completing this course could pursue a broad range of business related careers, including:
- Business Analyst
- Marketing Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Project Manager
- Strategic Analyst
- Learn from friendly and highly qualified academic staff with industry experience in small classes sizes, and guest lecturers who are experts in their fields.
This programme is accredited by University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Entry Requirements and Application Process
- A minimum of two C3s in higher-level subjects and four D3 in ordinary-levels subjects in the Leaving Certificate, including English and Maths, are required.
- Mature students (aged 23 and above on the 1st of January on the year of admission) who do not meet the minimum academic entry requirement may also apply and will be assessed on the basis of age, work experience and any other training or development programmes completed.
- An IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent is required for non-native English speakers.
- Through IBAT College's Recognised Prior Learning policy, prospective students may be eligible for advanced entry onto this degree course. Any RPL application should be made directly to the College
How to Apply
- Direct application can be made via our website using the above Apply Online option.
- Alternatively, please feel free to contact a member of the admissions team on 01 807 5055 to set up a meeting to discuss the course further.
- Visit: Please feel free to visit the college anytime and our course content experts will be more than willing to discuss any queries you may have. We look forward to seeing you.
Learner Protection for this programme is provided by O'Driscoll O'Neill and underwritten by Hiscox Insurance Company Limited. The learner protection insurance policy is governed by section 65(4)(b) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012. For further information please refer to 1.1.7 at this link