Do you want to build on their existing experience and skill to become a highly effective negotiator combined with modern conflict management techniques?
- Do you want to understand the key analysis of the negotiation and conflict process?
- Do you want to understand key negotiation strategies and how to apply them in a range of situations?
- Do you wish to develop a detailed understanding of negotiation through a detailed analysis of the process?
- Do you want to gain the essential tools and knowledge to plan and manage every negotiation?
- Do you wish to enhance your ability to add value through the negotiation process
Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management Course Overview
In the ever-changing environment of modern business, firms start and grow by virtue of successful negotiations and by developing long-term relationships among the different individual involved. By the same token, such relationships can break down due to ineffective negotiating behavior and conflict management approaches.
"The key to resolving conflict is suspension of one's own point of view as the only point of view."David Bohm
Negotiation and conflict resolution are crucial skills both inside and outside of work. They are vital for everything from negotiating agreements, negotiating commitment to carry out agreements and changing agreements that are no longer optimal. In addition, leaders, managers, and supervisors spend significant amounts of their time resolving conflicts, mediating disputes and negotiating with others The ability to negotiate effectively and manage conflict is one of the most valuable skill sets within organisations.
What will I learn?
This course will start with the conceptual framework of negotiations as it applies to all areas of negotiation in both the public and private sectors. As the course progresses, you will focus on business negotiation skills and strategies designed to help you maintain healthy business relationships. Specifically, you will learn about the concepts, processes, strategies, and ethical issues related to negotiation as well as appropriate conduct in multicultural business contexts. You will examine strategies that are effective as well as those that are not. If a strategy works, you will determine how well it works and discuss alternatives to the less effective approaches. You will also identify various patterns of negotiation and conflict resolution in different national and cultural contexts, and you will gain an understanding of the influence of national and cultural variations in the decision-making process.
You'll learn how to identify negotiation opportunities, address conflicts and gain an understanding of the unique challenges that exist when individuals, groups and organisations face potential or existing conflict. Through participation in role-playing negotiation exercises with your peers in class, you'll explore a broad spectrum of negotiation strategies, new tactics to solve ongoing differences and models for securing cooperation and agreement in competitive environments.
You will also learn to better understand the theory, processes, and practices of negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management so that you can be a more effective negotiator in a wide variety of situations. If you take advantage of the opportunities this course offers, you will be more comfortable and more productive managing negotiations as well as professional and personal relationships.
Percentage of organisations who follow no standard negotiation and conflict management process.
Percentage of organisations who believe their overall profitability would increase with better negotiation and conflict management skills.
Percentage of organisations who prepare inadequately or not at all for specific negotiations and conflict situations.
This course provides both a comprehensive strategic analysis of the negotiation process as well as the essential tools for planning and managing every negotiation. You will learn to negotiate excellent outcomes externally with suppliers, contractors and customers but also internally within your organisation between colleagues, departments and managers.
The aim of this course is to provide you with a practical skill base that will allow them to:
- Gain self-awareness of your personal negotiation and conflict management style
- Identify your preferred negotiating style and have more confidence in when to use it and when not to use it.
- Develop greater flexibility in choosing the best negotiating style for each particular negotiation.
- Improved ability to negotiate and manage difficult situations effectively both internally within the organisation and externally with third parties
- Know how to change a lose-lose situation into a win-win relationship.
- Know how to get genuine commitment by setting mutually beneficial goals.
- Have the skill to think analytically and strategically about the negotiation process
- Understand the key analysis of the negotiation and conflict process
- Have enhanced vital leadership, management and personal skills that will impact on their performance across all aspects of their professional lives
- Know how to gain a better understanding of the other person's needs.
- Develop the ability to mediate their own disputes and negotiations and to become a more skilled and effective negotiator
- Explore different explanations for the origins of human conflict
- Understand a general framework for analysing and resolving conflict
By the end of this course, you will have developed an understanding of the principles, strategies, and tactics of effective negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management and enhanced your ability to assess the impact of interpersonal styles, personality, culture, and other variables that influence negotiation.
"Conflict can destroy a team which hasn't spent time learning to deal with it."Thomas Isgar
Percentage of employees who don't feel confident in their negotiation skills.
Percentage of employees who acted largely on impulse when negotiating, rather than planning out a strategy in advance.
Percentage of sales professionals who believe negotiation are crucial skills to success.
"In business as in life, you don’t get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate"Chester L. Karrass
This course is designed to be highly interactive, using a mix of case studies, role play exercises, self assessment questionnaires, presentations and group discussion to develop the themes around participants’ own experiences and needs. It presents an opportunity for participants to practice the skills taught using a variety of hands-on negotiation exercises that stress participation and that reinforce and build on the comprehensive course materials. This approach allows participants to significantly improve their negotiation and conflict management skills and to have all their questions answered by the highly experienced lecturers. Experiential simulations along with constructive and focused peer feedback are used to facilitate the learning of effective negotiating skills. Interactive case studies and simulations allow participants to try out their negotiating skills, examine the assumptions underlying their negotiating strategies, and practice more effective strategies.
What are my Career Prospects with the part-time Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management Course?
This Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management is aimed at participants who are looking for a knowledge and understanding of the whole area of negotiation and conflict Management in practice.
The course is relevant to a wide spectrum of professionals who seek to maximize their outcomes and build partnerships in a variety of business situations. The program is open to anyone interested in gaining and improving their negotiation tools and skills.
Who should register for this course?
Anyone who wants to develop more effective and applied negotiation and conflict resolution skills would benefit from this program.
- Ambitious Professionals
- Sales and Marketing professionals
- Managers and supervisors
- Team leaders and team members
- HR professionals
- Project managers
- Trade unionists
- Members of the Garda Siochana
- Those who work with customers or clients
- Anyone who wishes to enhance their negotiation skills and make negotiation a more rewarding and effective part of their job
How long is the Business Course?
This Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management course will take place over 11 weeks, part-time, one evening per week from 6.15pm-9.30pm.
Participants will be required to submit a formal written assignment, due four weeks after the residential week, utilizing concepts, approaches and guidelines learned, as well as insights and experience obtained, during the course.
What are the course fees?
The Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management course fees are €900
What do I get for my fee?
- Access to your online student portal (view student portal site)
- Content Expert Lecturer
- Excellent college learning and information facilities (view college photos)
Am I eligible for the IBAT College Dublin Diploma in Negotiation and Conflict Management Course?
Entry to this course is based on each applicant's merits and work experience and is ideally targeted toward the individual who wishes to develop negotiation and conflict management practices to better manage their team, customers or organisation.
I would like to apply. What should I do?
Direct application can be made via our website using the Apply Online option above.