Are you seeking to master Adobe Software in order to enter the area of Graphic design or the Publishing Industry? The part-time Diploma in Desktop Publishing at IBAT College Dublin will give you these skills you need.
- Are you looking to bring your skills up to industry level standards in the area of graphics and design?
- Are you looking to gain skills in the use of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat?
- Are you looking for an additional skill to aid you in your marketing career?
- Do you want the kind of knowledge that would be an important asset in the printing and publishing sectors?
- Small class sizes ensure individual attention and support
Diploma in Desktop Publishing (Graphic Design) Course Overview
The IBAT College Dublin part-time Diploma in Desktop Publishing course has been specifically designed to teach learners how to use all the main Adobe Desktop Publishing Applications. The course provides students with the skills and graphic design competencies in Adobe software required for effective work practices in this sector and will bring students up to industry level standards in the area of graphics and design. The course consists of four modules which covers the four main application programmes: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Acrobat. These are the industry standard programmes used for Desktop Publishing and Graphic Design.
The course also covers many important aspects of the DTP industry with a strong emphasis on the importance of a clear understanding of the print industry so that the learners not only know how to use the applications but also fully understand how to send the files to print. The course also examines the design, colour and layout of documents/images for print.
On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Establish competence in creating artwork for digital mediums
- Establish competence in the basic creative and technical aspects of image editing and manipulation
- Design professional looking material using industry leading software
To be awarded the Diploma in Desktop Publishing participants will be required to successfully complete course work (100%).
Upon completion of the IBAT Diploma in Desktop Publishing course, graduates are ideally placed to work as graphic designers within the publishing industry. The skills acquired during this course are also very useful for anyone who works in Marketing or IT and is involved in the preparation of print marketing materials and digital assets.
Academic Progression Opportunities
Students who complete the IBAT Diploma in Desktop Publishing and are often interested in furthering their study and progress onto the IBAT College Dublin Diploma in Web Design.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be awarded an IBAT College Dublin Diploma in Desktop Publishing.
What is the fee for this Diploma in Desktop Publishing Course?
The course fees are €1,195.
What do I get for my fee?
- Full set of bound notes
- Access to your online student portal (view student portal site)
- Content Expert Lecturer
- Excellent college learning and information facilities (view college photos)
I would like to apply for the Diploma in Desktop Publishing course, what should I do?