IBAT Financial Terms & Conditions
- Payments will be made on the dates specified by the agreed Payment Instalment Plan.
- The amount paid will equal the payment amount specified for each instalment date; in the event that a payment is missed, then the payment amount will be added to the next instalment payment.
- Payments can also be made online through the IBAT College payment facility, all online payments with be reflected on the instalment account balance.Â You may pay more than the agreed instalment by online payment if you wish; these additional payments will be credited against the outstanding instalment balance.
- If a payment is missed you will be issued with an email notification that a payment has been missed.
- If a second payment fails, then a late payment charge of â‚¬20 will be automatically applied for all missed payments. These arrears and administration fees will be added to the outstanding account balance.
- Â If two payment instalments fail you will:
- receive a written notification of the failed payments.
- forfeit your right to take part in the Payment Instalment Plan.
- be required to pay the full outstanding balance within 15 workings days.
- Payments will be made as per the agreed terms as stated in the Payment Instalment Plan regardless of deferrals and withdrawals.
- Should you commence a course and subsequently withdraw from the course at any stage of the academic year you will still be liable for the full fees as outlined in the Payment Instalment Plan.
- Following cancellation of agreed Payment Instalment Plan, you will remain responsible for the payment of any amounts owed under the agreed plan.
- If you leave IBAT College Dublin before you complete your programme, any entitlement to a refund of tuition fees will be made in line with the collegeâ€™s refund policy, which can be found here
- You will not be permitted to progress to the next academic year or the next stage of a course (if applicable) if a balance is outstanding on a Payment Instalment Plan.
- IBAT College Dublin reserves the right to withhold services until the outstanding balance is paid on a Payment Instalment Plan.
- While IBAT College Dublin makes every effort to ensure charges are accurately recorded, miscalculations in account balances may occur. In such cases, IBAT College maintains the right to make adjustments, without notice, where evidence can be provided that the adjustment is appropriate. Such adjustments will be presented via email and reflected on the Payment Instalment Plan and subsequent Statements issued.
- Deposits are not accepted for courses with a monetary value of â‚¬700 or less.
- A deposit is required for courses with a monetary value greater than â‚¬701.
- For part-time courses with a monetary value exceeding â‚¬750, an Instalment/DD plan is available.
- Course Cancellation: IBAT College requires any student wishing to cancel their course to provide written notification of this cancellation.
Please note that cancellations will incur charges as follows:
- Cancellations 1-14 days prior to the course start date 100% of the course fees will be charged;
- 15-28 days prior to course start date 50% of course fees will be charged;
- Cancellations greater than 29 days will be refunded in full. In these circumstances, a student will receive a full refund minus an administration fee of up to â‚¬250.
- The course fees are nonâ€“refundable once a course has commenced and the deposit is non-refundable and non-transferable once payment has been issued
- A student who fails to adhere to their payment agreement will receive written, e-mail and text message communication from the college. Access to student facilities including Moodle will be withdrawn. If fees remain outstanding results will be withheld and no administrative services, such as letters, will be available. In some exceptional circumstances a student may be withdrawn from the CollegeÂ Please noteÂ we do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
- There is a deferral fee of â‚¬500 per module, per semester (or â‚¬2000 for a full-time student who wishes to defer a full semester). Â Please note all deferrals are subject to the approval of the Registrar and criteria apply refer to IBAT QAH 2017 Chapter 7.1.11.
- Students may defer their dissertation once. The fee for deferring a dissertation is â‚¬1000.
All Terms & Conditions stated above are governed by Irish Law.
Protection of Enrolled Learners (PEL)
IBAT College Dublin has Protection of Enrolled Learners (PEL) arrangements in place to ensure that in the event of a cessation of programmes by the college, such arrangements will ensure a learner has a smooth continuance of the programme they are studying.
This arrangement complies with Section 65(4)(a) of the Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 in respect of learners on a programme leading to a QQI Award.
Part 6 of The Qualifications and Quality Assurance (Education and Training) Act 2012 specifies that PEL refers only to programmes of three months duration or more where fees have been paid by, or on behalf of, the learner.
We confirm that PEL arrangements are in place between this organisation and the named College outlined: below;
For further details of requirements see here.